Saturday 25 October 2008

Tilda with Rose

I've managed to use my new Tilda stamp in between finishing my calendar. Speaking of which I've done July and am just finishing June off. I have seen some others have been inspired by mine and had a go at one too, I suppose they do say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. I'm really pleased with how mine has turned out so far. I'm thinking about making a CD case one for my desk at work after this one.


Anyway back to the card. I have used the new Tilda with Rose (I think its called that) stamp from Magnolia, she is soooo sweet! I coloured her with whispers pens and am really pleased at how the colouring turned out, normally I have such trouble colouring in hair but I think this one looks ok. The papers are from Summertime Designs as always! Flowers are Prima Hydrangeas, swirls are from Sizzix Swirly die, sentiment is from bekahs-escape2scrapland and says 'friends are kisses blown to us by angles'.
I may have some exciting news coming up after a very surprising email from a craft magazine, but I'll let you know about that if and when something happens- watch this space!

Funky Fairy's and Juliet have some blog candy up for grabs, as does Pauline and for her challenge you have to make a card to celebrate something so this card is to celebrate friendship.

9 comments:

Michele Roos said...

Gorgeous card. Love the Tilda image and the colouring is fantastic. Michele x

The Crafty Blonde said...

Yet another fabulous card, you are right this image is sooooo cute wish I had her in my stash. Cant wait to see your latest calendar pages.
Lyndsey xx

Juliet said...

Hi Sarah,
Thanks for visiting my blog - I have really enjoyed looking at your work, it is really beautiful.
Juliet x

Tanmo said...

loving your blog! all of your work is fab....specially loving your calendar...want to 'borrow' the idea... tanmo xxx

Pauline C said...

This is a beautiful card to celebrate friendship - that stamp and your colouring are gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining in my blog party :-)
Pauline x

Victoria said...

This is adorable Sarah. Gorgeous colours and such a sweet image! Looking forward to seing your other calender pages. It's a bit like waiting for the next installment of your favourite soap! :-)
Hugs, Vicky x

Lou Sims said...

Stunning card. Love the Tilda image you have used.

Many thanks for entering the Funky Fairy's Blog Candy Giveaway - I know, what a mouth full and we wish you "Good Luck".

Victoria said...

I haven't heard anything personally from them but they have posted on their blog that they will be posting our stamps on monday. Karen has already had her's and she said she got a mixture of the new soft centres & Elizabeth ells, and a couple of the older stamps that they haven't any samples for, one of her's was Rugby Hamish! Hope that helps!
Hugs, Vicky x

Sally said...

Fab card, love the soft pretty colours, gorgeous.
Sally. x