Sunday 28 September 2008

Grandad's Birthday Card

Finally I have finished my Grandad's birthday card! It's taken me all day on and off, I had to keep coming back to it as I really didn't know what to do with it. I'm quite pleased with the result, although don't look too closely as I accidentally put my finger in the glossy accents I used on the water when it was drying- oops.
Its a 8x8 sized card (made from an A3 sheet of blue card cut to size). The letter are chipboard covered with doodlebug sugarcoating, the papers are DCWV. The stamp is a new one I bought at Ally Pally yesterday, its by Rubberneckers and was only £3- what a bargain!

The sentiments are computer generated, it says you're good at so many things.. But you're best at being my grandad. This is the inside:

9 comments:

Pauline C said...

Great card - nice image
Pauline x

NGCARDS said...

Im sure he willlove it its fab! xxx

Stacey said...

Great papers and I love the way that the design moves through to the inside of the card as well ~x~

Lisa said...

Really lovely card! I'm sure he will love it. Lisa x

Maria's Cards said...

Hi Sarah,
Just came across your blog while blog hopping. Your cards are stunning. I will add you to my follow list. Maria x

Victoria said...

Great card Sarah! I'm sure you're grandad will love it! LOve the sentiment.
Hugs, Vicky x

CraftyC said...

Its a great card! I also bought some froggie stamps at RubberNeckers at Ally Pally...
Clairex

Mar G said...

What a great card Sarah :) Well Done x
Your cards have inspired me & I bought lots more ribbon & buttons!

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Wow what a gorgeous card! Linda x