Thursday 21 August 2008

A Load Of Old Pickle competition entry

Over on Kerry's blog A Load Of Old Pickle she currently has a blog candy competition for reaching 10,000 hits, well done to her for achieving that! The competition is to create any new crafty project using ribbon, well as soon as i saw this challenge my thoughts turned to another blog I'd seen indigo studio with these amazing ribbon blossoms on that I wanted to try out, unfortunately the tutorial has sadly been taken off due to unwelcome comments, but I have tried to make my own version of them on my card for Kerry's blog candy.
Here's a close up of the ribbon blossom, I used 5 different types of ribbon and matched the ribbon running across the card to it.


It also gave me a chance to use my new pc crafter images but instead of using the coloured image i printed it on card in black and white and water coloured it myself using my whispers pens, this image is from the Country Mice collection by Laurie Furnell, the images are so sweet! I was worried that the printer ink would run when I applied the watercolour to it but found that as long as I didn't make it too wet it was fine, and if it did run it was quite easy to remove with a dab of water on the brush. Here's a closer look at the image, I'm quite pleased with how it turned out and am getting better at colouring and shading I think.

4 comments:

pickle said...

Thank you for entering my blog candy challenge.
Your card is fabulous!!
Love what you have done with the ribbon.
Good luck,
Kerry x

Victoria said...

Gorgeous card Sarah. Love the ribbon blossom. Shame I can't view the tutorial as I would have liked to have given it a go myself!
Vicky x

twinkletoe said...

Those are great ribbon flowers. Hope you win. perhaps you can do your own tutorial for the rest of us - please please please???

Pauline C said...

This is fab Sarah ... is it posible to get instructions anywhere now to make this ribbon blossom as i too would love to have a go!
pauline x